Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Back to school!

10th grade
 Holly started a new high school. best part of day 1...she lived to tell.
Claire Second Grade
  Best part of day 1: Riding the bus to school

Paul Second Grade
 Best thing of the day: sitting by Ashton ( the neightbor boy that is in his class)
Sophie age three : Home with mom
Best part of everyone else going back to school, She said, "we got to make nana bread"

Well with three schools and three different start times, things were a little crazy the first few weeks. Thanks to the bus, a car pool and Marks help, we are settling in to a new but good routine. The first few days after we leave Grandmas Paul is always teary with questions of why we live so far a way from all of the extended family. He however declared yesterday, "I don't miss grandma anymore. I love school." Claire is doing great. She loves being back of the thick of things with her friends.  Holly has had a rocky start to this year. I told Mark I am not use to worrying about her. She has always been doing great. Schedule changes, friends, A hour, 10th Grade is a hard time to change schools. Sophie and I are loving our days together. We have a strict curriculum of games,stories, art and more stories.  I have been doing some sewing and quiting with my extra time. Sophie loves playing where I am working.  My kids are a joy in my life!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love you friend and wish we could be near each other to share our days together. Miss you! Hang in there, Miss Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 different schools?? Wow...I think you get some pretty impressive mom points. Everybody looks so great!! Did you guys move? Why did holly switch highschools?

    ReplyDelete