Sunday, October 30, 2011

Fall

I love fall in Arizona, mainly because it feels like home in the summer. Cool mornings, perfect outside weather in the afternoons and cool nights.  I get to go walking outside every morning with Sophie, sometimes I even need a jacket. I get to turn the AC off and open all my windows. I get to pull up my blanket at night when I feel a little chill. Being cold can be so refreshing.

 Please notice that it is cool enough for them
to stand on the concrete without shoes!


I love being able to spend time with my family in the great outdoors, away from the hustle of life. Time with my kids and Mark when the most important thing we need to do is enjoy each other.
 
I love going to the park when it gets dark. The whole neighborhood seems to come out to enjoy the coolness. The kids play with their friends and I get to sit and talk with mine.


I love winter grass. The grass here is scratchy and not thick, Bermuda. It grows out not up. It  puts up with our hot summers then goes dormant in the winter and turns brown. As fall comes it is the perfect temperature for other grasses to grow. So we over seed the law with rye and up comes our winter lawn. It is soft and bright green. It reminds me of spring.  It will die when the heat comes again, but today we can go out and play.

I should have given you a before and after so you could really enjoy this with me.

1 comment:

  1. Sharee, I loved your camping pictures b/c it reminded me of the time we camped in Santa Cruz? by the strawberry fields? Fun times for sure! So glad you can enjoy the nice fall weather. We feel the same way too about fall, winter and spring here.

    ReplyDelete