Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Paul Health Scare

Two weeks ago we had a scare with Paul. For a minuet or two he struggled to talk, had slurred speech, droopy face, and scared eyes. Then he put up his arms and said he was all better. We went to the doctor later that day. He ordered an EEG and a MRI. But didn't really tell us anything. Paul is fine.We did the EEG last week, and the MRI is Friday. The EEG was abnormal. However the last one he had before he left the Hospital as a baby was abnormal also. So it is possible that abnormal is his normal. I don't know anything about EEG's and how they are read. We have an appointment with a neurologist on May 13. I don't think I will be able to wait until then, so I am planning on calling to talk with the pediatrician after I get the MIR results. We are so grateful for this sweet boy in our family. As Mark and I have been worried, we have reminded each other that he is fine. I am doing a better job of loving every moment of every day. Cherishing the time we have together. Every day matters.

3 comments:

  1. Poor little guy. I hope and pray all will be well. We'll keep him in our prayers. Keep us updated. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There seems to be such a tempest of various trials swirling about... my personal prayers feel a little like the prayer roll at the temple must look. But yes, there are blessings and joy every day too. Thank you for your constant good example. Give Paul an extra "I love you" squeeze from his Dame cousins, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to call again but I have such a bad cough that everytime I talk I just end up hacking. I am thinking and praying for you and will call when I can talk again.

    ReplyDelete